A stranger was seated next to a little girl on the airplane when the stranger turned to her and said, ‘Let’s talk. I’ve heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.
The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and said to the stranger,
– ‘What would you like to talk about?’
– ‘Oh, I don’t know, said the stranger. ‘How about nuclear power?’ and he smiles.
– OK, ‘ she said. ‘That could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first.
A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass – Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?’
The stranger, visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says,
– ‘Hmmm, I have no idea…..’
To which the little girl replies,
– ‘Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don’t know shit?’